Monday, December 10, 2012

Spiritual Pregnancy

During my time of spiritual reading this morning I came across a line that made me pause in introspection. The line stated that Hannah was pregnant with a prophet and she had to first birth him in prayer before he could be birthed in the physical. I began to ask the question of myself and for those close to me, "What are you pregnant with?"

Many times we sense that we are pregnant with something or someone of Kingdom significance but we have been warned time and time again not to cast our pearls before swine, so we don't talk about our spiritual pregnancy. We don't even talk about it with God nor even in our own hearts. What are you pregnant with? Is there a prophet in your womb? Is there a reformer in your womb? I'm not asking about spiritual wombs... I'm actually directing this question to women who right this day are crying out to God to fill their womb with a child.

I remember the first year of marriage when my OBGYN told me that I should adopt because I would not be able to conceive. Rubbish! God had already shown a child to me so I didn't need that doctor's contrary words released over my life. That day he was released from being my OBGYN. No joke. Today I have two healthy, gifted and God-fearing children, thank you very much. But I must say that both were first birthed in prayer.

Now hear the question again but this time from a spiritual reality, "What are you pregnant with?" Hannah was pregnant with a prophet, are you? Are you pregnant with jobs for 250 people? Are you pregnant with a life enhancing patent? Are you pregnant with a deliverance ministry?

Whatever you are pregnant with, you like Hannah should be willing to birth it in prayer first. Last night I intentionally invested myself in a couple of spiritual children for several hours. We sat on the floor of my home office and discussed the plans and purposes of God. They had lots of questions, and though I was fatigued from a full day of pastoral duties, I counted it a joy to answer every single question that came out of their mouths. Then we prayed, and we prayed our way past the veil that separates earth-bound prayers from those that reach the throne room of God. Why would I spend my Sunday night in this manner? I did it because I know what I'm pregnant with and prayer will be the only way to birth my bundle of joy. That about Hannah...think about my testimony the next time you feel called to prayer.
Blessings,
Dr. Cecelia E. GreeneBarr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home