Monday, June 1, 2015

Dr. GreeneBarr's Morning Mediation June 1, 2015 (c)

Weakness is all around us and is increasing in depth. Our nation has increasingly become morally and spiritually weak. The African American family structure has become dangerously weak. The health of the average American has been weakened by poor dietary options and choices made from the youngest to the oldest among us. It is difficult to get people to even hear the truth about our weakness, much less raise meaningful discussion about new directions for restoration. Instead we are bombarded with multidimensional messages that encourage greater actions that lead to sure weakness on deeper levels. We need strength but what type of strength shall be called upon in this time of deception?

Romans 1:11 speaks to my heart today as a strategy for helping those among my sphere of influence who need to be strengthened. Spiritual gifts along with encouragement strengthens. Push back is seldom given when encouragement is expressed, but it is most certainly present when the reality of spiritual gifts is raised as an avenue for transformation and restoration. Bible Christians who profess love for Jesus are plagued by double-mindedness when it comes to spiritual gifts because these gifts are not manufactured by flesh. These gifts, the authentic spiritual authority (#AuthenticSpiritualAuthority) that transforms us into new creatures, comes only from the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit. The same Holy Spirit, by the way, who did the work of raising our beloved Jesus from the grave. 

There are days when I am inclined to enter into the kinds of conversations with Christians that leave me being criticized as "special" all because I work in cooperation with the Holy Spirit. But most of my times is spent working the agenda of God, using the spiritual gifts that are resident in my life and ministry to make full proof of my calling. I have testimony that spiritual gifts strengthen even the weakest among us. I rely on God's strategies and methodology for doing this work of ministry, and I encourage others to do the same. I tell the congregation where I serve that they are given the choice of flesh and spirit in which to conduct the affairs of their life. I remind them regularly that the flesh does produce results but to use wisdom and choose the way of the spirit. Choose the results that the Spirit of God produces. It is always the best option. This choice means embracing spiritual gifts. 

My prayer for each person who reads my reflection is for an authentic spiritual authority (#AuthenticSpiritualAuthority ) to become their standard for the work of eradicating weakness in their life and the society. Holiness is still God's way, that has never changed. I am Rev. Dr. Cecelia E. GreeneBarr, I am an aspirant for the office of Bishop in the African Methodist Episcopal Church and this is part of my assignment (#onAssignment) from God. 

Peace and strength to you today. 
#GreeneBarrForBishop2016
#SpiritualEngineer

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home