Friday, December 28, 2012

Shaking Hands

My family and I spent the day meeting new people, and boy did we meet some fantastic souls. With only the exception of a couple Muslim sisters, everyone else was very engaging and a pleasure to talk with. During my years in seminary I worked a summer at a hospital in a predominately Jewish community. I was a chaplain. Lots of times I would go to visit patients about to have surgery for prayer, conversation and just the blessing of presence. Even now I laugh at how quickly I was told (after introducing myself) that they were Jewish. Imagine how the conversation would go..."Hello, my name is Cecelia Greene and I'm a Chaplain here. How are you today? and the response would be "I'm Jewish". I learned how to deal with that response, but today the memory came alive those couple times when the response to my greeting was "I'm Muslim". It's all good. It makes me think that maybe they have been in contact with some diligent believers, to the point that they expected a pitch for Jesus.

But to the bounty of today's adventures....we were blessed to meet some hard working men and women who were making it happen on their corner of the world. I'm thankful for those who allowed me to pray for them, including the brother in need of healing. I'm sure a testimony will come forth to give glory to Jesus for healing his back. Thank you to everyone we met today.

Blessings,
Dr. Cecelia GreeneBarr
http://plumgraph.com/n/c0a176

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home